Unable to get a PageRank for my sample webpage, I was trying to understand how exactly PageRank works and found an interesting article which explains how PageRank works.
* PageRank is a link analysis algorithm, named after Larry Page and used by the Google Internet search engine.
* PageRank process has been patented which is assigned to Stanford University and not to Google !!!
* It is a numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web.
* PageRank of a webpage depends on the pageRank of the inbound link also.
For more details:
* Why doesnot a webpage get an immediate PageRank?
* If the PageRank of a webpage depends on the pageRank of the inbound link, then can I have a high PageRank for my sample webpage - by having a link for my webpage from my facebook profile. ( Facebook has pagerank - 10/10 ) ?